Social Media today is the most effecttive way of online communications channel and it is dedicated to community- based input, content- sharing, collaboration and interaction. You can do it everywhere you go. It’s in our own homes, school, offices, places of workship or our business office. Everywhere you look they are people using social media and talking about it. And every week you can see new type of social media pop up sites.
As you can see the number of social networking sites grows, the number of services that are created to measure, monitor and track those services.
Websites and other applications dedicated to forums, social networking, microblogging, , social curation, social bookmarking, , and wikis are among the different types of social media.
Some examples of social media:
- Facebook is a popular full- blown social networking website for that allows registered users to create profiles, upload video and photos, send messages and keep in touch with friends,colleagues, relative and family.
- Twitter is another free microblogging service that allows registered members to broadcast short posts. Members of the twitter can follow and broadcast tweets other users’ tweets by using multiple devices and platforms.
- Google+ (pronounced Google plus) is Google’s social networking project, designed to replicate the way people interact offline more closely than is the case in other social networking services.
- LinkedIn is another social networking site designed specifically for the business community. The main goal of the site is to allow registered members to establish and document networks of people they know and trust professionally.
- Pinterest is a social curation website for categorizing images and sharing images found online.
- Wikipedia is a free, open content online encyclopedia created through the collaborative effort of a community of users known Wikipedians.
- Reddit is another social news website forum where stories are socially curated and promoted by site members.